Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Furry lobster bisque, anyone?

furrylobster
The Kiwa hirsuta (aka Furry lobster)

The deep ocean has always fascinated me because of its wealth of hidden treasures and unexplored vastness. This new discovery is simply one of the neatest things I've seen. I find it breathtakingly beautiful and like so many other deep-sea creature, completely alien and unlike anything known on or near to dry land. If we ever find intelligent life on other worlds, I expect it to look much like these marvelous creatures we continue to discover on our own planet.

Meanwhile, the gourmand in me cannot help but wonder what furry lobster would taste like...

1 Comments:

Blogger CM said...

Yuck.

If they just called lobster what it really looks like -- fishroach -- nobody would eat it.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home