Thursday, June 02, 2005

Law school has begun

So my posting has resumed its irregularity. And the topics have ceased being at all interesting. I haven't read the news properly in days. I haven't thought about anything except for my Contracts class in a while. And I've been socializing with my wonderful fellow classmates.

First comment - I am shocked by how egregious, friendly, intelligent and genuinely nice my classmates are. I expected based on past experience the law school to have a lot of laid back people. Michigan is known for that. But I didn't expect nearly the amount of truly desired social interaction that has gone on and will be going on during this summer. Also, everyone, at least right now, is very motivated by classwork.

Second comment - Michigan law school has a system that is specifically designed for people like me. There is excellent wireless in the law school, but during your specific class hours, wireless is disabled. I am an easily distracted person, and a notorious procrastinator. In fact, midway through my contracts lecture today, I decided to see what the internet had to offer because my attention was wandering. Well, the internet wasn't offering anything. So I was forced to pay attention to the lecture. This is great. This is phenomenal. This is the best thing that could have happened to my academic career.

That's it for now. I will try to resume thinking about things at some point. Until then, expect more such updates from me.

3 Comments:

Blogger sydneyb said...

no internet in class! this makes me sad! I know we're supposed to pay attention and all, but what about my blog?

glad to see you're enjoying the life of a law student so far- gives me something to look forward too.

hey when you have a second, do me a favor and check out the new template of my blog. I'm trying to change my formatting a little. Let me know what you think: http://syd32.blogspot.com

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having no internet in class is decidedly stupid.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you mean gregarious. Heh. Funny malapropism.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home