Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Growing older

Let me just start by saying that like everyone else, I'm full of flaws.

Although I don't normally like chick flicks, one of my weaknesses is a particular chick flick that I have watched countless times and that becomes more true with each year that passes - Bridget Jones's Diary.

At this point, I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen it. The copy I have is a previewed DVD, bought for me by one of my exes one day when I was sick with the flu. Back then, the movie and book were hilariously funny to me for the comedy they contained. Today, the movie and book are even more hilariously funny because the truth contained within them becomes clearer and clearer with each day that passes.

This concerns me slightly. Is this something so universally true that as I get older and older I will feel more and more like Bridget? Are all women like Bridget? As we get older, do we all have to face visions of weddings, granny undies, and fruitless dieting? I suppose I just have to wait and see...right now, I'm more concerned with learning everything I possibly can about international law, in all its many facets.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you're unlike me in not being perfect, as seen in your delaying of the granny undies. It's just like a tepid pool: the sooner in the sooner you get used to it...

12:02 AM  
Blogger Kurt Hunt said...

I think this is just part and parcel of the whole "living life" thing. In particular, I've found myself suddenly feeling connected to fathers in movies and books, and my baby hasn't even been born yet! It's amazing how many levels of appreciation you can develop over time for the exact same piece of art.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home