Friday, June 25, 2004

The Fog of War

mcnamara

I have always been an enthusiast of good documentaries. I am also fascinated by military strategy and defense issues. I have recently been reading Clausewitz, Sun Tzu, and Machiavelli in an attempt to understand the theory of warfare.

The Fog of War is a brilliant documentary. In the best of documentary tradition, it relies not only on McNamara's reminiscences, but also on historical conversations and archival footage to emphasize the points being made. It's also highly relevant to the study of the theory of warfare.

Until I watched this, my main source of knowledge about McNamara was the Simon and Garfunkel song, "A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)." I've never been much of an American historian. In fact, I could go so far as to say that I know almost nothing about American history.

Nevertheless, this is a brilliant documentary. Now if only they'd make one about my hero, Henry Kissinger...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they have...its called....."the Trial of Hennry Kissinger"

6:01 PM  
Blogger satmandu said...

The Kissinger movie is called "Reality Bites."

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home