Tuesday, September 14, 2004

She-males

The receptionist at my hair salon is a man.

This is not so surprising in and of itself.

What is rather odd is that he is a man dressed as a woman.

The first time I saw him/her there, I was puzzled but not entirely sure of his/her gender. Yesterday, I decided that he/she was undeniably male. I'm still not sure if he/she is a transvestite or a transsexual - I lean towards the latter. Still, this person was distinctly a man at one point.

Interestingly enough, I have seen more men in drag in DC than almost anywhere else I've been (not counting Budapest - because hanging out at gay clubs with transvestites will skew the numbers.) I suppose this is only following in the tradition of the late, great J. Edgar Hoover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home