Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Glue on my fingers, contracts on my mind

I don't think I've ever studied this hard for final exams. This isn't saying much - I'm not known for my amazing studiousness, usually taking the approach that you either know it or you don't.

Since Sunday I haven't left the house except to go to class and get lunch and I haven't done anything but study. OK, granted, it's only Wednesday, but I'm actually AHEAD of schedule for once.

I've been furiously making flashcards as I review contracts - in some cases writing out the UCC and Restatement provisions, but more often printing them out and cutting and pasting them physically onto the note cards. This is my special treat at the end of the day - watch TV, and play with scissors and glue. It's like a midnight kindergarten, and immensely satisfying after a whole day studying.

I am slightly worried that I feel no panic. As much as I realize that in law school grades are everything and I am studying ridiculously hard (for me, at least), I just can't bring myself to believe that this is what will make or break my entire future life. I know that I know the course material. With grades depending entirely on one exam, it's quite possible that at the end of the exam, the prof won't be convinced that I know the material. And that's quite OK.

Every now and then I try to psych myself up - it's futile. I feel as placid as a Swiss cow gently chewing her cud in a lovely mountainous field. This isn't like some of my science classes, where I'd walk in to finals having no idea what half the things I'd studied meant, because I did a half-ass job. Here, it's a crap-shoot. And I've actually done all the reading. What more can you ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home