Saturday, September 23, 2006

Lots of updates in a short post

My few readers are probably wondering where I went to this last week. With all of those riots in Hungary, I should have been blogging away furiously with angry political commentary.

Well...I have a good excuse. Last Friday I fell in love for real. I've been so happy all week that I've only been mildly irritated by the stupid neo-con Hungarian shits burning cars and pretending to be a combination of French protestors and English soccer hooligans.

Instead of dishing out my sentiments about it, I'll hand the commentary over to the ever amusing Pestiside. They've said it better than I ever could. The fact that the media is all over this is just a sign of how people like to look for trouble.

My experience in Firenze has changed drastically in the past week. I've gone from feeling like a strange long-term tourist to being part of a community - that of EUI. I've spent every evening at EUI's bar, Bar Fiasco, mostly drinking soda water, doing some research, spending time online, and chatting with people. I'm officially one of the "usual suspects" now.

I honestly don't feel like I'm in Italy. I've been eating mostly East European food (no complaints there), hanging out with an assortment of people from all around Europe, doing everything from learning how to dance Balkan style to singing Karaoke to debating politics. And all of this at the Bar Fiasco.

I don't remember the last time I was this happy. I don't think I realized how unhappy I really was until I suddenly became this happy. Life couldn't be better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So have you met an Italian or Italy?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home