Thursday, June 03, 2004

The Brooklyn cheese artist

I stumbled across this article today on TotalFark, and I found it to be one of the strangest things I've ever read: "Brooklyn Cheese Artist Makes Bed of Ham".

What is a cheese artist? The byline for the article sort of explains it: Brooklyn Artist Who Painted Room in Mozzarella Cheese Begins Covering Bed in 312 Ham Slices. So clearly, this man creates art with cheese.

This is a picture of the creative genius making his 'bed of ham':
ham

Cosimo Cavallaro, the artist in question, apparently moved away from the medium of cheese two years ago after he after he sprayed five tons of pepper jack cheese over a vacant house. His quote: "I was cloaking myself in cheese. I had started getting comfortable. I always need new boundaries."

And so he moved to ham.

All I can hope is that Cavallaro does not receive funding from the NEA. A madonna of feces is one thing, a bed of ham is another. What this man does is sacrilegious to the core - he wastes excellent cheese and processed ham to fulfill his twisted artistic goals. He would be better off shipping his materials to Africa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why would it have to be africa, there are other parts of the world where food is needed

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home