Saturday, June 26, 2004

Research paper update

The enthusiasm I had for my term paper has since died down. I am beginning to realize that trying to summarize the motivations of numerous countries and international organizations towards the resolution of the Nagorno Karabagh conflict in 8 pages or less is nearly impossible. Russia alone has already taken me 3 pages. I have yet to work through Turkey, Iran, the EU, the US, the OSCE and the UN. Since Russia is the most important influence on the region, I suppose it makes sense that so much of that section is devoted to its various ploys to reexert control over the Near Abroad.

Still, I'm at 25 pages (the assigned length of the paper)and I've got about another 5 to go. Followed by some intense editing, some fixing of footnotes and bibliography, and a massive prayer that my prof will find this version acceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home