Monday, November 07, 2005

Birthdays and law school

As you grow older, birthdays become less and less of a big deal. That's because they seem to happen more and more frequently.

When you're in law school, birthdays become insignificant, at least when you have more important things to worry about, like oral arguments for class the next day.

Today is my quarter century birthday. Yesterday, my parents came to town to go to a concert with me and have dinner at my apartment. Instead of celebrating, today I'm working on my oral argument for legal practice. This is somehow fitting. I don't remember how I celebrated my birthday last year. I think I was by myself in DC. My parents came to visit sometime around my birthday, but not on the actual day.

I don't think birthdays are that important (at least not to me). Of course, by blogging about my birthday, I'm somehow negating that attempt at keeping it quiet and on the downlow. But I really have nothing else to blog about after a relatively uneventful weekend and a lot of work looming for the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home