Monday, November 14, 2005

What I learned this weekend

There is a 50 cent coin. I didn't know this. In my defense, I only moved to the States when I was 15. One of the people I was carpooling with to Chicago was nice enough to give me such a coin. Otherwise I really wouldn't have believed him.

Like all American coin currency, this is a very strange article - it is really big. Bigger than a dollar coin. Like the dime to the nickel, the half dollar is a confusing piece of money.

My weekend was somewhat like this coin (and like a certain Adam Sandler song) - surreal. But like this coin, it was good surrealism since it had value, albeit not quite as tangible as the coin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know exactly what you mean.

I think that smut and eggs has a nice ring to it.

Forgot the eggs.

:)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home