Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Duh!

Google opening a facility in Ann Arbor suddenly makes sense to me. I don't know why or how, but I had no idea that Larry Page, cofounder of Google, was a University of Michigan EECS alumnus.

How could I not know this?

Armed with this knowledge, other things make more sense to me now - like UofM allowing its library collection to be scanned.

I feel sort of silly for not knowing this. I figure everyone else probably knows and I'm the last.

But still - very very cool. And I couldn't be happier that Google is building a facility in Ann Arbor, even if it is for work relating to ads. This is going to be good for UofM's computer science department, as well as for the state of Michigan.

This just goes to prove - UofM alumni are everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home