Sunday, June 18, 2006

A long weekend

This has been quite the weekend.

Thursday night, I took my dad to see Zappa plays Zappa with Frank Zappa's son Dweezil and various other musicians including Steve Vai, Terry Bozzio and Napoleon Murphy Brock playing Frank Zappa's music. It was the most impressively virtuoso rock shows I've ever heard, and gave me a whole new appreciation for the intricacy and complexity of Frank Zappa's music. Moreover, watching Steve Vai play guitar is unbelievable - the ease with which he plays the most difficult riffs is stunning. Dweezil was also very impressive on guitar, and of course Terry Bozzio was amazing.

Friday I drove to Flint for my best friend from college's wedding. I was maid of honor, and ended up having a complete blast, meeting tons of interesting people, and enjoying myself more than I thought possible. The wedding was beautiful, the ceremony was blissfully short, and the whole weekend was loads of fun (at least for me - I think the bride had a bit more to worry about - from florists and photographers to reverends and relatives).

Now I'm home, enjoying being with my cat in my apartment, relaxing, and getting ready to roll up my sleeves and go to back to work tomorrow. It was just the sort of weekend I needed to clear my head and give me some perspective.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happened on your blog... read down to here and then KNEW we were kindred spirits.

great stuff. i'll keep reading.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home