Monday, May 22, 2006

Cacophony

My neighbor plays the drums. Poorly. My other neighbor has a dog. The dog, much like me, doesn't much appreciate the drum playing. As a result, I am caught in the middle of a cacophanous dialogue which makes me wish I had X-men-like telekinetic powers. In my mind, things would then go a bit like this:

Guy on drums: ba-dum-dum-dum-dum. ba-dum-dum-dum-clash! ba-dum.
Dog: Arf! Arf!
Guy on drums: dum-dum-dum-clash-clash-clash. ba-dum-dum-dum-clash!
Dog: Arrrrooooooooooooooo!
Guy on drums: ba-dum-dum-dum-dum. clash-clash-ba-dum!
Dog: Arrrrooooooo0000000!
Me (using my mental powers): *ommmmmm*
Drum set: KA-BOOM!
Guy on drums: (silence)
Dog: (silence, tail wagging)

I can only wish...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling are going to jail.
It's like the sun came out of a post-storm fog.





Post if you happen to get any strangely addressed packages.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison."
--Victor Hugo

Buy a $100 hand-cranked "laptop" (it hasn't got the memory of a current model but might be positively preferably to take to lectures, starbuck's, etc) for three times the price ($300 is still much lower than anything at Best Buy) and two are donated to poor 3rd world kids. Laptop.org

(It ain't spam if it's moral.)

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have looked further into that laptop business. i'm back to being an imbecile again: it sounds great, but if you click through to the actual laptop developer's site not only is there no word of the $300 deal, but they very bluntly say they don't have any made yet and they will sell only to national-level education ministries.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home