Monday, November 15, 2004

Hello? Mustafa?

So on Friday morning, I was rudely awoken by a phone call at 6:50 am. Now, no one I know, including my parents, calls me at 6:50 am. Ever. If they did, they'd get yelled at.

I groggily picked up the phone and said hello. The conversation went as follows:

Me: "Hello?" (half asleep)
Woman's voice with American accent: "Hello. Is Mustafa there?"
Me: (confused as all hell) "No, there's no Mustafa here. You must have the wrong number."
Woman: "Is this the American Wildlife Association?" (or something involving wildlife and America, I don't remember exactly)
Me: (even more confused) "Umm...no...I'm sorry."
Woman: "Oh, ok." (hangs up).

I have NO explanation for this conversation. All I know is that generally a) people don't call associations of any sort before 9 am, b) asking for Mustafa in that context is sort of strange, and c) my freakydar was beeping like crazy after this conversation.

By the time I woke up again, I'd had numerous strange dreams involving shady terrorist organizations led by people named Mustafa hiding under the front of the American Wildlife Association.

Probably all in my head. But still, very bizarre at 6:50 am on a Friday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home