Thursday, February 10, 2005

Stomach flu

You're probably wondering why I'm posting to this blog after such a long absence. Truth is, I should be at work, but I'm sick with a barfalicious stomach flu.

Nevertheless, I was heroic and made it to work for an hour to finish up a project for my boss. Some of my coworkers were stunned at my commitment and described me as a 'soldier for the Bible Cause.' Such praise.

On the way to and from work, I listened to Johnny Cash's album "At Folsom Prison." I still have chills down my spine just thinking about it. It's one of those albums that you listen to for the first time and it hits you like a ton of bricks - just makes you really aware of mortality and the human condition. There's something about his voice in the context of prison songs that is evocative of emotions I have never and probably will never experience.

In the meantime, I eat saltines and drink ginger ale and hope that my body will feel better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home