Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Whirlwind tour

So my whirlwind tour of the States comes to an end. I departed Firenze on Sunday for New York, spent two days interviewing for jobs, flew to DC on Tuesday night, had two interviews today, and tomorrow fly back to Firenze.

I can't wait to get back.

While the trip was very successful, I definitely improved my interviewing skills considerably, and managed to see numerous friends, it was exhausting. Moreover, I missed my life in Firenze to no end. Brief phone calls just don't do the trick - and this early into such an amazing relationship, it was particularly painful for both of us to be apart from each other, especially keeping in mind that I was gone for most of last week as well.

I will refrain from making any comments about jobs and job interviews on my blog, in the interest of discretion. Suffice it to say that I had a pleasant experience overall, both last week and this week. Whatever heartache I suffered was not due to the interviews, but due to missing my other half.

Friday morning, assuming everything goes well with the connecting flight in Charles de Gaulle airport (that's a big assumption), I should be back home...I'm counting the minutes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my job interview experience, whether you decide to or not, do not ask the guy if he wants you to swallow. Why make problems for yourself?

The diaphanous xymphora proves to us once again that the media is inferior to an anonymous canadian conspiracy theoricist able (not even using LexusNexus) to drudge up the little fact that the Bush Administration humiliaterd the DPRK with a laundry list of demands four days after a feel happy agreement -- because, according to the Administration (and remember, you must honestly believe this and everything else Our Leader says or else you're a conspiracy theorist) Treasury had no idea of what State was doing. Kind of like when the Japanese businessmen in China happened to coincidentally hire hundreds of prostitutes for a massive orgy on the date of the Rape of Nanking. Coincidences happen and the only people stupid and immature enough to read into them are conspiracy theorists and immature overweened third-worlders who need to get with the program and do what we say.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hassan Nasrallah is the latest in a line of leaders to puncture Mitchell's dream of an exclusively airborne war, but perhaps none have done it so strongly. Consider that while the Vietnamese survived more than defied the USAF, their survival hardly forced any academic excuse-makers too far out of the old patterns (indeed, their intervention in Cambodia was seized upon as proof of Domino); Hizbullah's victory has got Christians carrying pictures of Nasrallah and every government in the region in a panic. Excellent piece here.
O vampires, your lies do not work any more; you had better kill us, and as thoroughly as possible.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get the most bizarre comments!

I love that you already call Italy home... or is it your other half you're calling home? :)

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home