Thursday, January 18, 2007

Courses and cases and memos, oh my!

School's in full swing again. And I couldn't be happier. I'm sure this unnatural glee for taking classes will fade in a few short weeks, but at the moment, I am thrilled to be taking so many interesting courses with so much practical relevance, and am also thrilled to be learning things that I didn't know about.

For example - I'm taking securities regulation this term. I signed up for the course since I'll probably be doing a fair amount of sec reg work this summer, and felt that I really didn't know anything about the subject. Prior to the first day of class I had no clue as to what a security even was. I was quite pleasantly surprised to learn that sec reg is a class about the stock market.

Ok, so maybe I'm a little slow sometimes. Most people know what a security is. To me, the word "security" is forever associated with "blanket" so it's taken a little bit to disassociate the idea of Linus from the class contents.

So yeah, class is fun. I learn things.

1 Comments:

Blogger DeniseUMLaw said...

I never could bring myself to take securities regulation -- too much statutory law for me -- but I'm glad you're enjoying it! What else are you taking?

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home