Thursday, January 04, 2007

Home sweet home

Yesterday I finally made it back to Ann Arbor. It's nice to be back. The shorter my time grows here, the more I value the last remaining months of student life that I have. Sure, after this I'll have money, a real job, prestige, and all the accoutrements that go with that, but I won't be a student anymore, with the freedom to keep odd hours, the ability to skip class without too severe repercussions, and the possibility of exploring endless interesting research topics.

I'm going to miss Ann Arbor - most of my post-secondary student life was spent here, and in fact I've lived in Ann Arbor for longer than I've lived anywhere else in my life.

Right now it's pissing down rain, but even that can't dampen my spirits. It's nice to be back in my cozy student nest.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good-bye my Love!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, read carefully, because this is very exciting: BSG characters as Simpsons characters.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As university students clashed with the police in this country last May, attention focused not just on their demands to hold elections without government meddling but also on the names of the two leaders organizing the protests: Nixon Moreno and Stalin González.
Many Venezuelans had a good laugh at the names and went on with their business. What’s so odd, after all, about the occasional Nixon or Stalin in a nation where bestowing bizarre names on newborns has become a whimsically colorful tradition?
A glance through a phone book or the government’s voter registry reveals names like Taj-Mahal Sánchez, Elvis Presley Gomez Morillo, Darwin Lenin Jimenez, even Hitler Eufemio Mayora.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, brief history of the Polish church and government being creepy as hell.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you think anymore, but if I've made you smile with a little distraction I'm happy, because you're that special.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home