Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Subway delays

This morning, the subways were delayed. The conductor announced the delays with a note of disbelief in his voice.

"The A, B, C and D lines are delayed due to a police investigation at 59th Street," he said. "The 2, 3, 4 and 5 are shut down due to a fire in Brooklyn."

Given that this was rush hour, there were large numbers of somewhat ticked off passengers.

Within a few minutes, however, the train was back up and running, to the muted cheers of the passengers, whose inconvenience was now over, but who were returning to their mundane Tuesday morning routine.

On my part, I couldn't help but enjoy the brief hitch in an otherwise dull and sleepy morning ride. In fact, instead of my usual quadruple latte, I only needed two shots of espresso this morning to get me going.

Imagine what would happen if I ran into a giraffe while walking from the subway stop...

I can only dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home