Sunday, July 11, 2004

Sleep deprivation

Today is Sunday - a day of rest. At least for some. For me, this Sunday has started itself very poorly.

After going to bed slightly after 1 a.m., I quickly fell asleep, only to be woken up by my cell phone ringing. I have no reception here, so there was no point in picking it up. I was woken up again in the middle of the night by my parents' house phone ringing. Every night, the same person calls from a Flint phone number. No one picks it up anymore, but it is still rather distracting.

At 6:30 a.m., my parents' radio alarm went off. I woke up - listened to the news, and went back to sleep, too tired to get up and go to their bedroom to turn it off.

At 8:00 a.m. sharp, my parents called from Hungary. We spoke briefly, and then I decided to go back to sleep.

At 8:10 a.m., my parents' kitten Nixie decided it was time to rub her whiskers in my face, purr loudly, and sneeze a couple of times.

At that point I gave up. So I've been up since 8:00, desperately wishing I could go back to bed. I suppose I could. I probably will. But that doesn't stop me from being grumpy that my beauty sleep was interrupted so viciously so many times on a Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home